On 2015-11-14 13:57, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> The quesion no one seems to be asking here is "who actually runs
> batch".  Anyone?

I gave kind of an answer to that in my original posting. :-)

At least I run batch and at, and I do it *all the time*.

There is imho no more convenient way of firing off a background job than
using batch, it's a hidden gem in the unix toolbox. And using at makes
it super easy to schedule tasks at times when it is more convenient to
run them than "now". And if you have output you get it in a mail when
it's done. Very spiffy!

Regards,

/Benny