Hello,

> >    Another possibility would be to require 'once' rules to be 'quick'.
> >    This closes the candidacy window and makes its serialisation, to
> >    preclude multiple matches, more feasible.
> >
> >    Yet another possibility is to drop 'once' rules as too complex to
> >    implement for multiprocessor but I have no idea if this is viable.
> >

> It is.  And I have said that before with an authority of the implementor
> of "once" rules: since we don't have any userland applications that
> would use this yet, we can ditch them for now and possibly devise a
> better approach later.
>
> Don't make your lives harder than they have to be!

I'm just trying out patch improved by Richard. I like his idea to put anchor
rule to garbage collector list. I'd like to give it a try on Solaris. There
might be small changes in details.

IMO once rules are fine, and offloading hard task to service/garbage collector
thread works just fine.

regards
sasha