> From: "Todd C. Miller" <todd.mil...@courtesan.com>
> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 12:13:05 -0700
>
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 11:02:01 -0800, Philip Guenther wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it better to have yacc's skeleton.c provide a prototype so
> > that it's fixed for all .y files?  I see that bison's output includes
> > an "int yyparse (void);" prototype, so I would expect minimal ports
> > issues.
>
> That's probably the best approach of all.

Somewhat tricky though.  It's standard practice to

  #define yyparse xxx_yyparse

in order to prevent namespace problems.  The prototype provided by
yacc's skeleton.c should come after such a define.  Perhaps adding it
to the "header" bit will work.  But I'm far from sure.

It does seem standard practive to provide a yyparse() prototype.  So I
went ahead and committed that bit.  No point in leaving the tree broken.

Those who care can submit a diff to change yacc.