On Sun, Dec 06, 2015 at 05:23:22PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> The bigger problem is "dual use" devices; e.g. some want UPS to attach
> to upd(4), others want ugen(4) for use with NUT/apcupsd. Your code is
> partially useful for these, but because it just changes things at attach,
> won't survive a reboot - if it could instead force a device to detach
> and reattach to ugen it would help a lot more cases.

I have a question about usb devices which are not as ugen. If I would
like to use usb redirection (libusbredir + libusb + spice-gtk) with
remote-viewer, part of virt-viewer package, ie. eg. redirecting usb
flash disk from laptop to remote Qemu/KVM VM, would I need such usb
flash disk be available as ugen? I think so, am I right?

IMO mpi@'s point to always present usb devices as well as ugen make
sense.

j.