On 23.1.2016. 23:29, Adam McDougall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few Dell servers which I've installed OpenBSD for testing
> but ran into a problem with keystroke loss on the console when used
> through the Dell iDRAC remote graphical console.  Surprisingly it
> operates perfectly fine in the installer (thankfully) but when booted
> from a formal install, I lose 25-50% of my keystrokes.  The speed that
> I type does not matter, the keys I type do not matter, they are randomly
> lost.  This is any typing, for example at the login prompt (where it
> becomes very difficult to login).
>
> Example:
> login: Tisis metypingat he onole
>
> should have shown: This is me typing at the console
>
> I was able to determine having "option DDB" in the kernel is a single
> factor leading to keystroke loss.  If I recompile the GENERIC amd64
> 5.8 kernel without DDB, I have no keystroke loss.  Also, if I enter
> DDB while the kernel is running, I have no keystroke loss.
>
> I have noticed this issue on 5.8 release, a recent 5.9 snapshot,
> and at least the Dell models R420 and R430.  The iDRAC supplies a
> virtual usb keyboard to the OS.  I have not had this issue with other
> OSes.  I should generally be able to perform further tests as requested
> especially this weekend.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions?  Can I disable DDB without recompiling?
> Thanks.

Hi,

please see...
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=143700306821021&w=2

month ago i tried to install snapshot on r630 and fc630 and i manage to
do that but i was hard and painful :)

it seems it works when you keep the key pressed down for one second or
so - then character on the console will be shown. this works for me for
idrac7 and 8 :)