I've had the patch applied for two days now and have not seen any ill
efects.  This is a Thinkpad T410 running snapshots.

Before, youtube was unwatchable.  Sound would continue normally while
video would freeze for long stretches, often over 10 seconds.  Its not
perfect now, but its very nearly so when not fullscreen.

It does seem that cpu usage of firefox is also significantly reduced,
and is generally snappier.

Thank you!
-via