> From: John Troy <j...@noxi.us>
> Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:56:24 -0400
>
> On 4/28/16 2:30 PM, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > So here are just the bits that add DMA support.  Since Theo likes this
> > so much, I'd like to move forward with this.
> >
> > ok?
> >
> Hi Mark,
> This diff seems to break things on my Lenovo Ideapad 100s. The 100s has
> an internal eMMC and a microSD card slot. As far as I can tell, reading
> from a microSD card breaks both eMMC and microSD.
>
> Reading from the eMMC, twice for good measure:
> # dd if=/dev/rsd0c of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1
> 1+0 records in
> 1+0 records out
> 1048576 bytes transferred in 0.191 secs (5486853 bytes/sec)
> # dd if=/dev/rsd0c of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1
> 1+0 records in
> 1+0 records out
> 1048576 bytes transferred in 0.190 secs (5506851 bytes/sec)
>
> Reading from the microSD:
> # dd if=/dev/rsd1c of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1
> dd: /dev/rsd1c: Input/output error
> 0+0 records in
> 0+0 records out
> 0 bytes transferred in 3.019 secs (0 bytes/sec)
>
> Reading from the eMMC again:
> # dd if=/dev/rsd0c of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1
> dd: /dev/rsd0c: Input/output error
> 0+0 records in
> 0+0 records out
> 0 bytes transferred in 0.004 secs (0 bytes/sec)
>
> At this point the system is unusable, and there's nothing else
> interesting in dmesg.

Can reproduce this on the Lenovo stick, which is in many ways very
similar to the 100s.  So far I've not found a solution.

Since the diff gives significant improvements and seems to be
completely stable if I leave the SD card slot empty, I've committed it
anyway.  You may want to revert the changes to dev/acpi/sdhc_acpi.c
for now if you intend to use the SD card slot on the 100s.

Hopefully I'll figure out what the problem is soon.  Otherwise I might
selectively disable DMA support on this hardware.