> Must say the forking and piping seems to be a bit silly for a program
> like this.  Certainly adds alot of complexity.  Why not simply call
> opendev up front for each filesystem, creating a list of names and
> filedescriptors before you pledge, and then iterate over that list
> afterwards?
>
> KISS

I don't think that is a simple refactoring.

And, file descriptor limits.

The other option is to not pledge.  But the pledge has a real purpose
here, to protect the program against hostile input from the disk.
dumpfs(8) is similar to file(1), a program one runs to make sure
something you got isn't hostile.  Same reason I added pledge to fsck
and family.

Oddly, the synopsis for dumpfs does not say it supports multiple optarg.