On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 01:19:32PM +0200, Alexander Bluhm wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 10:30:04AM +0200, Andreas Kusalananda K?h?ri wrote:
> > I'm following -current on amd64, running in VirtualBox.  I recompiled
> > the kernel today with fresh sources, like I do a few times a week on
> > slow days.
>
> Have you also installed /usr/include/sys/msgbuf.h from
> /usr/src/sys/sys/msgbuf.h and recomiled /usr/src/sbin/dmesg ?
> A make build should do that.
>
> bluhm

I believe I have fallen into the trap of not recompiling the userland
binaries before reacting te seeing the dmesg command misbehave.

I was doing a regular update of the system so I recompiled the kernel
and rebooted.  I have a piece of shell code in my login scripts that
compares the dmsg output from the current boot with that of the previous
boot, and when I saw that there was no output from the current boot I
reacted before thinking.

I am sincerely sorry for the noise.

Regards,