Hi Mike,

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016, Mike Belopuhov wrote:

> I've looked through it and couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Thanks.

> I do however find pacthing of values in pf_translate_icmp_af
> unneccessary since we'll be throwing away the original header
> anyway.

Do you mean e.g. circa line 2602, pf.c:pf_translate_icmp_af()
(HEAD + complete diff)?

                pf_patch_8(pd, &icmp4->icmp_type, type, PF_HI);
                pf_patch_8(pd, &icmp4->icmp_code, code, PF_LO);
                pf_patch_16(pd, &icmp4->icmp_nextmtu, htons(mtu));
                if (ptr >= 0)
                        pf_patch_32(pd, &icmp4->icmp_void, htonl(ptr));

My understanding is that the ICMP v4 and v6 headers are so similar that pf
af-to hacks the one into the other; the code above is filling an ICMPv4
header with v6 values; the updates are not redundant. It muddled me a bit
when I was converting it.

> OK mikeb for the diff.

best,
Richard.