Hi,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 03:33:00PM +0200, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike Belopuhov wrote on Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 01:35:45PM +0200:

> I don't know either, so i left your wording untouched.
>
> >> My name does not belong to the copyright because I am not the author
> >> of this work.
> >> Is it customary to write manual pages for driver glue?
>
> > Traditionally, you'd add a line "echi* at octuctl?" to echi(4)
> > man page with a cross reference to octuctl(4) in the SEE ALSO
> > section
>
> Given that that isn't done for obio(4) on landisk and socppc either,
> that octuctl(4/octeon) is MD, and that .Xrs from MI to MD pages
> are slightly awkward, i'd maybe not put anything into ehci(4).
> Correct me if you think that's wrong, i know little about drivers.
>
> > and then add the description of what is octuctl into
> > it's own man page.
> >
> > Just like usb(4) mentions dwctwo? attachment and then dwctwo(4)
> > describes what is it.
>
> So, here is a cleaned-up version:
>
>  - Move the new page to the proper directory.
Agreed.
>  - Mention it in the Makefile.
Agreed.
>  - Put the correct manual page author into the Copyright notice.
I think that I shouldn't be in the copyright notice, because thre is no
original work from me. I just copied the dwctwo(4) manpage and tweaked it, it
is why there is Visa name there.

I think it is like when you copy a source file and tweaks some magic numbers,
or use a whole file in some other place in the tree with some modifications. It
generally does not implies putting the name in the copyright notice, what I
think is correct.

>  - Add the architecture to the .Dt line.
Agreed.
>  - Remove the needless .Pq from the .Cd line
>    (it might be useful in ehci(4), but not here).
Agreed, thanks!
>  - Remove the argument from .Nm in the DESCRIPTION.
Agreed, thanks!
>  - Append an AUTHORS section.
Agreed.

> In long and complicated manuals, the AUTHORS section can also contain
> a sentence like:  This manual page was written by Rafael Neves.
> But i don't think that's interesting for such a short manual.
Agreed. And in this specific case, I have just tweaked an existing manpage.

> OK?
>   Ingo

[snip]