Hi,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 12:56:09AM +0200, Reyk Floeter wrote:
> Using vether in a bridge with the tap allows you to preconfigure a
> fixed interface on the host that doesn't depend on the vm state.

Ah. Yes, and this actually fixes the quirks I mentioned. Using tap
directly is actually *more* complicated.

> I will also add an option for setting the switch in vmctl start.

Thanks

> Now go ahead and configure vether0 as you configure tap0 below... I'm
> usually running dhcpd on vether0, but you can also use fixed IPs of
> course.

Yep, this just worked. Thanks for your help.

You just have to remember to change the DNS server addresses if you move
the host machine between different networks (in /etc/resolv.conf for a
static IP guest, or in the host DHCP server if the guest uses DHCP).

(At some point I'm going to start making an FAQ entry covering the
common vmm cases.)

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett