On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:40:48AM +0100, Franco Fichtner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Switching from net-snmp to OpenBSD's snmpd raised two
> issues and I'd like to know if they make sense to address:
>
> A pid file is missing.  Would a patch for this be accepted?

Most probably not. We don't see the benefits in having pid files and
prefer to use tools like pgrep to verify if a process is running.

> The snmpd.conf can contain static values.  If these values
> are rewritten/changed over time by rewriting the config,
> snmpd needs to be restarted.  Is there a technical reason
> for not supporting e.g. reload using HUP?

This would be accepted for sure but will require a fair amount of work
because of the privsep nature of the daemon. You need to pass the conifg
to the childs and apply it there. Doing this will probably be appreciated.

--
:wq Claudio