Hi Ulf,

> This patch for ubcmtp makes it use the multitouch-input functions of
> wsmouse. It's the first driver that would apply the "tracking" variant
> (wsmouse_mtframe).
>
> No wonders will result from the change, but the two-finger gestures that
> involve movement - scrolling and click-and-drag with two fingers on a
> clickpad - should work without flaws.
>
> A quick way to check whether all touch positions are available and the
> selection of the active touch works properly is two-finger-scrolling,
> performed with only one finger moving, then switching to the other one.
>
> Please note that click-and-drag will still require that the "ClickPad"
> attribute is set in the synaptics(4) configuration.
>
> The patch has been tested on a MacBookPro 8,2 (from 2011). It would be
> nice to learn that it doesn't introduce regressions on older or newer
> models.
>
> If you don't use a brand-new version of the synaptics driver, you may
> encounter the following bug: If the X cursor is in a window with
> scrollable content and you put two finger on the touchpad without moving
> them, the window content may quickly scroll up and down by a small
> distance. This bug is fixed in the latest version.

i've been running a kernel with your patch in,
works here, MacBookAir 6,1

notable improvement, gestures is more responsive, i've tested
text selection and scrolling with two-fingers and also by putting
one-finger and scroling with the second finger... works fine...

thanks for the patch, it's just makes my life more confortable.
// gsoares