>>> Since this came up.. what does anyone think about adding the original
>>> version back to ports? (personally, I could do with moving things away
>>> from the python version, but I need dns-01..)
>>
>> I'm planing on re-introducing the [-t switch] functinality.
>
> What direction are you planning on going with that?  Using the model
> that Kristaps is using in the git version where challenges are provided
> on stdout to another program?  Or using something closer to the original
> implementation where acme-client executes an arbitrary program when
> it needs to do the challenge?
>
> I think the stdout mechanism would be cleaner as that way an extension
> only needs to integrate by calling acme-client, not integrating both
> caller and callee.  It would also reduce the differences between the
> versions.

Upstream and openbsd's version aren't that different beyond the
configuration file.  There are just more features upstream (OCSP, etc.),
but nothing fundamental.

I'll be pulling in the downstream config file, as already acme-client
has a ridiculous number of flags.  There are a few patches for user
credentials I'm sitting on because I just don't want to add flags.

As for [-t], I reckon I'll just have a config entry of challenge type
and the program to execute.  This'll then be invoked as a subprocess in
the same way as currently documented.  This will require more work, but
nothing crazy.