Hi, total newbie here:

I have intermediate C experience from work and free time,
and use OpenBSD more or less often.
I'm familiar with the OpenBSD coding style and have compiled the
kernel a few times,
but I haven't dabbled deeper than that.

Areas I'm surely lacking in:

* Audio processing (only know the basics of DSP)
* Drivers
* OpenBSD development workflow (modify, compile, test cycle - how do you do it?)

I guess I'd need to at least get to know the azalia(4) driver and how
it interfaces with
lower-level drivers in the system?

On the other hand, if it was easy, then someone would've already done it?

I'd like to hear from more experienced people here if this would be at least
realistically doable by someone at my level.
Has this been attempted before but stopped due to some inherent obstacles?

I browsed azalia.c and found that for some reason HDMI codecs are disabled,
but I don't remember seeing an exact explanation as to why it was done from the
CVS logs (might have overlooked something though). Does it have something
to do with the internal mixers in graphics cards or something similar?

Thanks