Hi,

i'm finding the boot as is too restricted, for no good reason, imo..
I'm not sure about what part of the bootstrap to blame this for, but
almost certain that making this better will require touching efiloader
too.

I was quite surprised to findout it didnt work when i tried to have my
cubie running so that root is on usb, even if booting does happen from
sd-card, which is somewhat required. I tried to set the "openbsd,bootduid"
in "/chosen"-node of the DT u-boot loaded for efi, but the efi does what
it does unconditionally not leaving very clean ways to work around.
Partly this could be solved via the bootargs, i guess, and i don't mind
even if installer wouldn't get fixed to support this better than it currently
does, as it does, in a way:)

so i'm wondering what is the right place to work this out? there's plenty
of reasons for ie. not running w/rootdev==bootdev.

-Artturi