On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Theo de Raadt <dera...@openbsd.org> wrote:
>> > Is it possible you've got the fix backwards?  I think ETAONRISHetc is
>> > from some well-known research, but ETSAOR* is brand new and even google
>> > cannot find a reference to that ordering.  It seems there is a bug here,
>> > but is it perhaps the other frequency table?
>>
>> I certainly don't claim to know which frequencies are more accurate.
>> Does anyone have a preferred source for which percentages to use?
>
> I suggest a google search for ETAONRISH, which leads to a handful of
> references from 1960, 1963, etc.  Of course it is only an estimate, and
> will vary between regions and countries EH?
>
> I think that frequency order is still the most accepted.

No ones agree,

Wikipedia : compares to < eotha sinrd luymw fgcbp kvjqxz of modern
English > ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_frequency )

from:
http://www.math.ucsd.edu/~crypto/Projects/MarshaMoreno/TimeComparisonFrequency.pdf

Note the paper from wikipedia reference talk <modern> english and use
the bible ???

The tables can be sorted and gave : ETAOINSHR DLC ...

<An analysis of entries in the Concise Oxford dictionary, ignoring
frequency of word use, gives an order of
"EARIOTNSLCUDPMHGBFYWKVXZJQ".>

Meh

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do