On 2017-11-17, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:

> This diff makes the WPA key available only if the interface is in
> debug mode (suggestion by phessler). If this is acceptable then I
> can also try to squeeze a hint into the ifconfig man page so that
> this mechanism can be discovered by those who don't read kernel code.

I don't care one way or the other except that I would like this to
be CONSISTENT across all interface types with authentication details:
wlan, ppp, etc.

"But ppp isn't a radio..." You don't know the details.  They're in
the process of changing it, but for instance Deutsche Telekom's DSL
used authentication information for PPPoE that would also be the
default access to the online customer account settings.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de