On 07/02/18 08:38, David Gwynne wrote:
this is a big change to gre, with the main motivation of adding
support for gre keys.

gre keys are supported by the vnetid ioctls, and works much like
vxlan (funny that). by default gre doesnt use a key, but you can
set one and change you mind and remove it later. the current code
simply skips over the key header, and still accepts it.

while here, it adds support for gre over ipv6.

on the other hand, it drops support for gre keepalives and wccp handling.

gre keepalives dont work if the tunnelled traffic is in a different
rdomain to the underlay network. i can add wccp back later though.

ok?

Hi,

Not my call but is there a way to leave gre keepalives in place at least for non-rdomain setups?

We use it in some tunnels with remote branches with some ciscos behind DSL lines.
Keepalives helped us with connection drops.

regards,