On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 09:49:16PM +0900, Naoki Fukaumi wrote:
> Hi tech@,
>
> This patch adds bio(4) support for mfii(4).
> # with "mfii(4): use MFII_FUNCTION_PASSTHRU_IO for MFI commands"
>
> most parts are taken from mfi(4), plus fix for rebuilding (bioctl -R).

Thanks for working on this, it'd be great to have this feature.

I tried this out on a dell server with a perc H710 (SAS2208) with an SSD cache
in front of the disks (dell calls this cachecade) which shows up as a logical
disk but doesn't answer scsi commands.  As a result, the sensor attach code
fails because it can't find the scsi_link for the cache disk:

> +     for (i = 0; i < sc->sc_ld_cnt; i++) {
> +             link = scsi_get_link(sc->sc_scsibus, i, 0);
> +             if (link == NULL)
> +                     goto bad;
> +

I think this is the only case where we'll have NULL there, so we could just put
in 'cache' as the sensor description.

I also don't get a sensor for the battery.  I haven't looked into this yet.
Any idea why that would happen?