On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:25:01PM +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> Hmm, on what platform are you doing this? I could not reproduce your
> problem on arm64 -current,

To sum it up: It was my fault, -current is all fine.

The issue can be reproduced with 6.2-stable amd64 and somewhere between
6.2-release and -current, but not with latest -current.

My i386 system uses a modified kernel (for my touchpad) and due to
being not the fastest system, I am not always keeping the kernel up
to date, as long as everything boots up.

Didn't expect it to be a kernel issue, so after a clean install,
applying the diff krw@ sent me and rebuilding the kernel as well as
disklabel and fsck_ffs, the problem went away. With stock -current
kernel, the issue is also not reproducible.

Sorry for the noise, will give the year 2016 its diff back. ;)

Tobias