Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> writes:

> On 2018/04/09 09:27, Matthias Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> On 08.04.2018 22:42, Christian Barthel wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > i am often sitting behind a very slow internet link and thought, it
>> > might be useful to show the current bandwidth while downloading
>> > something with ftp(1).
>>
>> Since I sometimes work with crappy WLANs/connections I very much appreciate
>> your patch!
>
> Do you know you can just send SIGINFO (often bound to ^T) to get the same
> information?

Hi Stuart,
Hi Matthias,

thanks for your replies.  I've tested it with 80x25 terminals and also
checked the bsd.rd installer image.  To me, it looks ok.

I also know about SIGINFO but in my particular case, it was useful to
print the bandwidth all the time.  But I guess that most users don't
need that information and having SIGINFO/^T is sufficient.

Thanks for your comments,
Christian