Bryan Cantill was given my phone number by someone.

He continued accusing me at
https://lobste.rs/s/zwkuza/intel_cpus_might_leak_information_about

He did not phone.  I'm waiting for a call, or an apology.

It says a lot when someone working for a gigantic company has to posture
like that.

I wonder if all *HIS* illumos clients are protected from all
consequences of what heise mentioned around 2 months ago.

Reports said there are apparently 8 problems, this is 1.  7 to go.  Or
more, because I suspect there are 2-3 generic problems which have a vast
number of consequences.

Has Illumos deployed all fixes?  Maybe that is where the anger comes
from.  There is a note that Bryan thinks he could have gotten Intel to
allow us access.... why did Intel not listen to him.

So since OpenBSD is not in the embargo, we can fix the problems as we
figure them out.  We are willing to over-fix problems we guess at, and
if they are not real, we will back out the solutions.

The situation is that our users are vulnerable.

We'll do the best we can to get ahead of the game, because otherwise we
find out in late August because our users don't matter compared to
Illumus or FreeBSD users.  Suggest non-response from Intel.

So far we suspect there is a collection of TLB effects, a collection of
speculative instruction effects including basically being greedy about
any instruction-result address being used to feed the caches and load
via the TLB.  Including eviction problems.  Suspect there are
workarounds subject to the limitations of the micro-architure, and
trying to impliment this.

R.N. Ibbett and N.P. Topham of 1989 providing guidance.

Though I did receive 2 copies of a paper today....

Not from Bryan though, he's busy trying to get Intel to give us
access, while slandering me on forums.  Can he do both things at once?