Hi Jason,

Jason McIntyre wrote on Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 05:41:22PM +0100:

> ok by me.

Thanks for checking, committed.

> you might get away with removing the last sentence of BUGS
> now, since HISTORY almost provides the same.

Maybe, but i don't know enough about ufs and vfs to judge whether
it really says the same or hides some additional, useful information
behind a clumsy wording.

So i'll leave cleaning that up to someone more knowlegeable, if it
needs cleanup.

> while we're chopping, i'd prefer to see the one line section
> that is CODE REFERENCES integrated into DESCRIPTION.

Maybe, but it is kind of conventional in section 9 manual pages:

   $ grep CODE *
  autoconf.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  buffercache.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  disk.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  extent.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  file.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  hardclock.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  intro.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  ktrace.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  mbuf.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  mbuf_tags.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  microtime.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  namei.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  pool.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  pool_cache_init.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  printf.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  psignal.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  rasops.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  rssadapt.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  syscall.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  tc_init.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  tfind.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  timeout.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  tsleep.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  tvtohz.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  vfs_cache.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  vinvalbuf.9:.Sh PSEUDOCODE
  vnsubr.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES
  wdog_register.9:.Sh CODE REFERENCES

NetBSD has it, too:

https://man.openbsd.org/?query=Sh%3DCODE\+REFERENCES&apropos=1&manpath=NetBSD-7.1

On the one hand, i agree that very short sections aren't very pretty.
On the other hand, the purpose of CODE REFERENCES is sufficiently
different from DESCRIPTION, and its use sufficiently widespread,
that it may help kernel hackers to quickly locate this information.

I'm not sure in this respect.

Yours,
  Ingo