On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 12:02:17AM +0200, Felix Maschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've updated to the recent -current on my Lenovo T450 and get a kernel panic

> panic: unveil_nipledge_lookup: unexpected pledge bits: 8589934592

this panic is from my diff I recently sent to tech@. it seems it has
been put in snapshots. it also means I was wrong in some place, and that
I didn't check enough it before sending the diff. I am really sorry
about that.

The bit I missed is: 8589934592 => 0x200000000 which is PLEDGE_CHOWN. It
means all syscalls using this pledge annotation could generate the
panic if the program is used with unveil(2)... bad.

> Any idea how to bring up my system again?

wait for a new snapshot or rebuild a kernel from source (possibly from
another system, as using chown(2) with unveil(2) will generate the
panic).

Sorry.
--
Sebastien Marie