Hi,

As someone with interests in kernel development and a lot of spare
time, I want to work on OS patches. I just installed OpenBSD 6.4 in a
clean development VM and started building the -current branch from CVS
to get up to date with the latest commits.

I noticed that the build was failing with an error in
usr.bin/openssl/c_sb.c line 703 caused by a missing #define. I traced
the cause back to this commit earlier today updating libssl's TLS
support for RFC 7919 compliance:
https://github.com/openbsd/src/commit/2cdb2b1d3f3f9272c0a1acf5fe1f067f3db09e29#diff-e050d3ba43ebfa12f82b36086dca3ea3

It renames the Elliptic Curves extensions to Supported Groups,
including the TLSEXT_TYPE_elliptic_curves #define which became
TLSEXT_TYPE_supported_groups. Simple, right? I updated the #define and
extname to match the new supported groups name and continued building.
Everything was fine and I was able to access HTTPS web pages and
retrieve packages.

However, when I went to create the diff afterward, I got an error from CVS...

--
ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 129.128.197.20 port 22: invalid
elliptic curve value

Uh-oh. I'm going to assume that this is connected to the elliptic
curve diff. I tried a couple different anoncvs mirrors with no effect.
Just wondering if this was a known problem with -current or something
hokey going on with my system.

Katherine