On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 01:58:16PM +0000, Mark Lumsden wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
>
> > Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 13:43:32 +0100
> > From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hil...@codemadness.org>
> > To: Mark Lumsden <c...@sdf.org>
> > Cc: Leonid Bobrov <mazoc...@disroot.org>, tech@openbsd.org
> > Subject: Re: mg: Delete region
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 06:44:15AM +0000, Mark Lumsden wrote:
> > > hmm, you are correct. I'm trying to remember which machine I tested
> > > on that made me come to that conclusion.

> > Hi,
> >
> > Can this change get reverted upstream until it is properly tested (and
> > OK'd),
> > please?
> >
> > --
> > Kind regards,
> > Hiltjo
> >

> Its should be trivial to make it behave as emacs does. I should get time in
> about a week to have a look. Personally I don't think it needs reverted
> since it is more useful having it behave as it does just now than
> previously. But if someone wants to do so they are free to do that.

Shouldn't these kind of diffs be OK'd by other developers before committing
though?

Backspace should just delete a character backwards and not have some
context-specific behaviour. A person can just bind kill-region to some key if
deletion is wanted. This should not be in the C code.

I reverted the change locally. I use marked regions with other actions all the
time and this change makes mg unusable for me.

--
Kind regards,
Hiltjo