On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 12:59 PM Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> The architecture already has big PIE.  The issue is that clang doesn't
> support secure-plt for small pic.  I haven't entirely figured out
> what's going on here and we probably need some further fixes to clang
> here.  On the other hand I think it is probably time to recognize
> there is more and more bloat in the world.
>
> Thoughts?

libexec/ld.so/powerpc/Makefile.inc needs updating to match, no?
---
CFLAGS += -fpic -msoft-float
---

Also, does clang support secure-plt for small pie?  If not, then
lib/csu/Makefile needs updating too:
---
# Override powerpc default of -fPIE
# XXX if this is safe, why not override CFLAGS for alpha and sparc64 too?
# Does it work because the csu bits come first and get the first few GOT
# entries?
.if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "powerpc"
CFLAGS+=        -fpie
.endif