Hi Stefan,

* Stefan Sperling wrote:

> When testing this, please compare throughput before and after this diff.
> I run tcpbench -s on a host behind the AP and start a tcpbench client on
> my iwm laptop. With this diff, and an 11ac AP on channel 149, tcpbench
> measures up to 26 Mpbs in my environment, with an average rate above 20 Mbps.
>
> Also pay attention to changes in latency. To test this, on my iwm laptop
> I run ping and rain(6) through an SSH connection to a machine behind the AP.

I tested your diff with the following setup:

iwm0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265" rev 0x78, msi
iwm0: hw rev 0x230, fw ver 22.361476.0

iwm0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        index 2 priority 4 llprio 3
        trunk: trunkdev trunk0
        groups: wlan
        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (OFDM54 mode 11g)
        status: active
        ieee80211: join karlsruhe chan 3 bssid cc:ce:1e:8b:cf:d2 68% wpakey
wpaprotos wpa2 wpaakms psk wpaciphers ccmp wpagroupcipher ccmp

Laptop with iwm connect to AP, both targets connected to the AP via LAN.

Without the patch:

Ping a local host: Average RTT 12.8ms
Copy large files from a local host via NFS over TCP: 2.59MB/s
Ping a local host: Average RTT 13.6ms
Copy large files from a local host via NFS over TCP: 2.56MB/s

With the patch:

Ping a local host: Average RTT 12.2ms
Copy large files from a local host via NFS over TCP: 2.49MB/s
2nd run:
Ping a local host: Average RTT 13.0ms
Copy large files from a local host via NFS over TCP: 2.61MB/s

Cheers and HTH

        Matthias