Ulf Brosziewski wrote:
> BTW, reverting the scroll direction is also possible by configuring
> a "ZAxisMapping" in ws(4), with an xorg.conf like this one:
>
> Section "InputClass"
>     Identifier "touchpad_scroll_buttons"
>     MatchIsTouchPad "true"
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "5 4"
> EndSection

I used something like this (with xinput) a few years ago, but it stopped
working because chrome uses the new xinput extension instead of buttons. Does
that make sense? I'm not sure how wstpad would handle this.

> As it happens, I'm just testing patches that add "precision
> scrolling" to wscons.  If they make it into the tree, it would make
> sense to defer other changes in this area.

Is that smaller jumps? As it happens, I went back to synatpics because I like
scrolling one pixel at a time. There's no urgency. I wanted to send patches to
show exactly what I was changing, not because I need them committed.