On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:40:55AM +0100, Ulf Brosziewski wrote:
> Anyway, first we should make sure that the mechanism
> is sound; I'm a bit puzzled by Joshua's report and hope there will be
> more tests.

Your change works well on my x250 and x201.

Compared to my x220, which currently runs the Gnome desktop on 6.4-stable,
I don't notice any difference when scrolling in firefox or in gnome-terminal.

However, on the x250, which also runs Gnome, the difference in scrolling is
rather obvious in Nautilus (Gnome's file manager). The new behaviour feels
a lot nicer. Scrolling of icons in Nautilus is now smooth, and feels rather
choppy in 6.4 by comparison.

On my x201, which runs XFCE, scrolling in XFCE's file manager is still
choppy even with your change. I suppose this means XFCE is not yet using
the new X protocol scrollng methods.

I don't notice any obvious differences in scrolling speed.