Theo de Raadt(dera...@openbsd.org) on 2019.03.24 10:22:25 -0600:
> Alexandr Nedvedicky <alexandr.nedvedi...@oracle.com> wrote:

> > > Isn't -U pretty close to -Fall ?
> > >

> >     it is, however -Fall operates on main ruleset only. -Fall also does
> >     not reset limits and timeouts. Hence my first idea was to introduce
> >     '-FNuke', which kills all rulesets and tables.
> >
> >     I don't want to change behaviour of existing option ('-Fall'), therefore
> >     I'm in favor to introduce a new option. Either '-FNuke' or '-U' works
> >     for me. I'm the most concerned about flushing all rulesets.
> >
> >     Also making "pfctl -a '_1/_2' -Fr" to remove PF 'private' rulesets works
> >     for me. Actually this is the most important thing I'd like to achieve.
>
> whatever gets done here, the initial-raw-state-forcing should be 1 operation.
> not multiple operations acting on aspects of pf.
>
> I think if it is multiple operations, people won't ever get comfortable
> using it.

Not sure about that: I wont be comfortable anyway, as it can cause all sorts
of problems on a running system.

When i reset things to the boot state, i would expect thats not a simple
thing and not without issues.

I consider this as a cleanup op, most useful for regress tests, developers
testing stuff etc. In normal sysadmin work i never needed it.