On 2019 Apr 01 (Mon) at 09:53:31 -0600 (-0600), Todd C. Miller wrote:
:On Mon, 01 Apr 2019 16:52:34 +0200, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
:
:> Since this went in, I'm using it on my machines instead of a bind -m hack.
:>
:> Can't we make ^L=clear-screen the default behavior?  I don't see
:> discussions about that.
:
:AT&T ksh doesn't clear the screen by default on ^L.  Other shells
:like bash, zsh, and tcsh do.  I don't object to making it the default
:but as I'm not a ksh user I'll defer to those who are.
:
: - todd
:

I always wondered why bash felt broken, this is one of the reasons.

I hate it, but I guess I can add a line to my configs.

--
There is nothing wrong with Southern California that a rise in the
ocean level wouldn't cure.