On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 07:31:19PM +0100, Jason McIntyre wrote:
> no. just use $Mdocdate$ and it gets expanded on commit. just like when
> you add $OpenBSD$: you don;t fill that in, right?
OK, will do so.  No, I'll just wite `$OpenBSD$'.

> use $Mdocdate$ and let expansion happen, or just use the
> old format of "month day, year".
>
> is that clear, or did the docs mislead you somehow?
Now it is, thanks.  I had no idea of old vs. new, so it confused me to
see warnings in both variations.

To be clear: what is the "new" format?

I think I also misunderstood the `$Mdocdate$ | month day, year' syntax.
This means either `$Mdocdate$' *or* `May 19, 2019`, not both together
like I did.