On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 05:33:41PM +0200, Matthias Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 01:01:58PM +0200, Matthias Schmidt wrote:
> > > Hi Stefan,

> > > I tested your diff for the last two days and noticed a regression
> > > After some time one of the two things happens:
> >
> > Are you sure these problem are introduced by this diff?
> > I am quite certain that these symptoms must be unrelated.
>
> The first problem also shows up without your diff, however, the
> reconnect happens a lot faster.  I will spend some more time testing.

This diff has no effect on management frames; it only affects transmit
rate of data frames while in assocated state; association state is
kept alive by received frames, not by frames being sent.

I don't see how the diff could be causing either of your issues.
They must have been present already.

Check 'ifconfig iwn0 debug' and see which messages correlate to disconnects.
You're probably running into known issues with background scan (sends deauth
to old AP but never switches to new AP; stays dead until down/up) and/or
dead AP detection (sends probe request to AP, never gets a response, drops
to SCAN state, takes some time to find the AP again, reconnects).