On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 03:23:16PM +0200, Ingo Schwarze wrote:

>  3. Jesper, including a patch according to the best of your
>     understanding is always welcome.  Even if it turns out to be a
>     bad patch, because often even a bad patch helps to understand
>     what the OP thinks the problem might be: the saying is, bad
>     patches trigger good ones.

Hi Ingo,

I'm sorry for late reply, I've been busy/offline the last few days.

The lessons I take with me from this:
        1. Give myself more time to fully understand both the issue itself
           and what the code actually does, before trying to fix it.
        2. Test, test with ktrace, test again and then run more tests. ;-)

Thanks a *lot* for your wise pointers and your thorough analysis!

Jesper Wallin