> I'm wondering if we should make this the default. I'm seeing no breakage
> as a result of using it, and it fixes things with some annoying network
> configurations.

The option does add overhead though because it will fragment messages even
if the MTU is big enough. As a result it will add some latecy to the
key exchange. On the other hand, usually only messages containing certificates
are big enough to trigger fragmentation, so the impact is probably quite low.
>From a compatibility point of view, fragmentation should only fix things
and not break anything.

I'm ok with this as the default config should be one that "just works"
for all network configurations. Those that want better latency can still turn
it off.