On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 02:56:46PM +0900, SASANO Takayoshi wrote:
> At least OpenBSD-6.5 and 6.6's ftpd does not work NLIST command with
> any -option like this.
>
> ----
> ftp> nlist
> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for 'file list'.
> uaa
> _sysupgrade
> 226 Transfer complete.
> ftp> nlist -LF
> 550 -LF: No such file or directory.
> ftp>
> ----
>
> Here is the remedy, ok?

I don't like the idea to let the client call custom options of ls(1).
It seems to be secure, but no one knows what options will implemented in
ls(1) in the future.  Also the FTP RFC does not mention custom options,
as far as I can see.

It's just possible to do that, because traditional ftp daemons (like
ours) call ls(1).  I'm more interested in avoiding option insertion by
put a "--" before the clients parameters.

bye,
Jan