Den ons 15 jan. 2020 kl 11:57 skrev Christopher Zimmermann <
chr...@openbsd.org>:

> So I propose to send IPv6 advertisements only when IPv4 is not possible.
>
> Why?
>
> - Noise can be reduced by using unicast advertisements.
>    This is only possible for IPv4 by ``ifconfig carppeer``.
>    I don't like flooding the whole network with carp advertisements when
>    I may also unicast them.

This sentence seems to assume people would only ever use two members in a
carp group, whereas having more than that is not impossible.
In those cases full meshed unicast would cause more packets than
multicasting one packet every second (+advskew).