Hello,

>  3. How does interrupting multiple CPUs influence packet processing in
>     the softnet thread?  Is any knowledge required (CPU affinity?) to
>     have an optimum processing when multiple softnet threads are used?

    I think it's hard to tell in advance. IMO we should try to make RX
    running in parallel to create some pressure on code we already have.
    We can get back to CPU affinity once we will have an experience
    with code on multiple cores. Perhaps we should also slowly move from
    thinking in terms of RX/forward/local/TX to more general pattern
    I/O scheduling. I think we are not there yet.

    I think we need experiments to gain the knowledge.

regards
sashan