On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 05:13:49PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 07:27:12PM +0200, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> > ping!
> >
> > FWIW, the diff below affects the following ports:
> >     - emulators/gambatte
> >     - gstreamer-0.10 mixer plugin
> >     - sysutils/conky
> >     - sysutils/gkrellm
> >     - sysutil/tpb
> >     - telephony/iaxclient
> >     - anything depending on gstreamer, ex xfce4-mixer
> >
> > If you use one of above ports and want to test, just apply this diff
> > to src/lib/libossaudio in base, rebuild it and reinstall it. The ABI
> > is not changing, so no need to rebuild or update ports.
>
> I've briefly tested it with xfce4-mixer which uses gst 0.10 - on a t430u
> with:
>
> azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 7 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
> azalia0: codecs: Realtek ALC269, Intel/0x2806, using Realtek ALC269
>
> previously, it saw two controls, one for the output acting/wired to
> mixerctl values inputs.dac-0:1 & inputs.dac-2:3 (ie both changes upon
> control changes), and one for the input wired to inputs.mic
>
> with the diff, xfce4-mixer now sees the 3 expected controls:
> * 'volume', wired to aucatctl 'master' / sndioctl 'output.level' value
> * 'input gain', wired to mixerctl record.volume, record.adc-0:1 &
> * record.adc-2:3 (and to sndioctl hw/input.level)
> * 'output gain', wired to mixerctl outputs.master, inputs.dac-0:1 &
> * inputs.dac-2:3 (and to sndioctl hw/output.level)
>
> trying to toggle the 'mute' button in xfce4-mixer (for the 'input gain'
> only) leads to 'Error setting mixer recording devices (0x0): Invalid
> argument' msgs on stderr but im not sure it matters.

This is "ok", it tries to select the input source, but as there's only
one choice exposed it complains on stderr.

> toggling the mute button for volume and input gain set the level to 0
> instead of toggling the hw/output.mute button but im not sure it's a big
> deal either.

This is expected as well. The mute controls, instead xfce4-mixer saves
the current level and sets it to zero. When the control is unmuted, it
sets the level to the saved value.

> all in all that seems an improvement to me, at least does what's
> expected for gst 0.10/xfce4-mixer.

Many thanks for looking at this.