Hi,

Alejandro Colomar wrote on Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 08:26:38PM +0200:

> This patch adds a new feature to the ``printf`` family of functions:
> ``%B`` conversion specifier for printing unsigned numbers in binary.

No.  We do not want non-standard extensions to standard functions
unless they provide unusually important benefit and/or are very
widely supported elsewhere.

> I also sent today a patch to add this specifier to glibc.  They are
> concerned about adding a new non-standard specifier, but if more C libs
> are going to add it at the same time, it may become a thing.

Usually, glibc is quite proactive about adding non-standard stuff
even if it is not really useful.  If even they reject the idea,
OpenBSD certainly isn't the place to start campaigning.

Yours,
  Ingo