On 2020/04/30 20:11, Tobias Heider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to modernize our crypto defaults a bit and add some of the
> supported ECDH Diffie-Hellman groups to the default IKE crypto proposal.
> There should be no downside to this, if they are not supported by the
> other side one of the old MODP groups will be used.
>
> The same for AEADs in the ESP proposal.  We have support for AES-GCM
> and CHACHA20 for some time now but they never made it into the
> defaults.
>
> ok?

ok to add them.

I'm really tempted to suggest dropping the worst of the rest from default
transforms, users can still re-add them if needed. Not sure if that's a now
thing or a post unlock thing though.

I was going to experiment some more (in particular to see what Windows
comes up with by default nowadays) but the only box I'm running iked on
that isn't going to interrupt other VPN users, is also running bgpd and
I just discovered the hard way that starting iked clears out existing
tcpmd5 SAs so I'm not going to touch that right now ;)