On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 2:16 PM Theo de Raadt <dera...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> I'll make a comment that I am quite unhappy about this ioctl
> methodology.  I don't like void *'s and varying sizes.
>
> I would be much happier if this was a fixed structure, filled with
> known objects.
>
> It looks fragile.

Indeed the fragile linked list magic went away pretty shortly after
Matt posted the initial patchset. We'll have v2 out hopefully tomorrow
if all goes well, where we've been using a much more boring approach
of stacked structs, which in practice is very easy to program for and
deal with. Stay tuned. And sorry about the weird linked list thing.

Jason