> It's a 64-bit counter, which we reduce to 32 bits.  Since there is
> progressively less entropy in the higher bits of a counter than in
> the lower bits, it intuitively makes sense not just to do hi^lo,
> but to bit-reverse one half in order to extract maximal entropy,
> and on aarch64 bit reversal is a simple instruction.

That doesn't matter at all.  First of all, this is +='d to multiple
rounds in the ring which never clean.  Then a crc is run over it ^= over
old contents.  Then at some timeout it does a sha256 and ^= it again,
leaving that in a buffer, which a different timeout merges into the
chacha state, yes you guess right some more ^=.

But if it makes you feel better :)