On 2020-06-11 03:42, Theo de Raadt wrote:
Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de> wrote:

Paul Irofti:

This iteration of the diff adds bounds checking for tk_user and moves
the usertc.c stub to every arch in libc as recommanded by deraadt@.
It also fixes a gettimeofday issue reported by cheloha@ and tb@.

Additionally, it changes struct timekeep in an incompatible way. ;-)
A userland built before the addition of tk_nclocks is very unhappy
with a kernel built afterwards.  There is no way to compile across
this.  You have to (U)pgrade from boot media to install a ftp.openbsd.org
userland, and then you can re-compile with the new diff.

Should we already bump major while the diff matures?

See, I told everyone this shouldn't be commited, and then iterated in-tree!
Imagine if this was in-tree.  Such compatibility is a nightmare.

I'd say the easiest way is to backtrack to a snapshot, then forward again.

I want to see this diff support 3-4 architectures before commit.

Sure. Whenever you feel confident. As I said numerous times now here, nobody is pressuring this with a commit.

I think we support already 3 architectures: amd64, macppc, sparc64 (kettenis?).