On Jun 17, 2020, at 12:39 AM, Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 07:15:24PM -0700, jo...@armadilloaerospace.com wrote:
>> You can't put an ISA CGA/EGA/MGA in an AMD64 system, so these can
>> go away.
>
> While it is incredibly unlikely someone would try, amd64 capable
> "industrial" motherboards with ISA exist.  We don't build
> pcdisplay(4) on amd64 by default however.

I know literally dozens of people (including myself) who would try this.  It
is, however, extremely unlikely that it'll actually be *required* anywhere.

Is there a specific reason it doesn't work (i.e. architectural features that no
longer exist on AMD64, like lack of third-party DMA on LPC bus, though I know
that's not a CGA/EGA/MDA thing), or is it just a highly unlikely scenario?

- Dave