On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:52:40 +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:

> There is one other issue that I wanted to raise.  An that is whether
> we really need to implement CLOCK_UPTINME as a userland clock.  If we
> don't do that we can drop tk_naptime from the shared struct.  I
> mention this because th_naptime was only recently added to struct
> timehands and much more an implementation detail than the other fields.
>
> I don't expect userland processes to call CLOCK_UPTIME in a loop like
> they tend to do do for CLOCK_MONOTONIC and CLOCK_REALTIME.  Linux
> doesn't have it ;).

That's not entirely true.  On Linux, CLOCK_MONOTONIC does not count
time that the system is suspended so it is analogous to our
CLOCK_UPTIME.  On Linux CLOCK_BOOTTIME is the clock that counts
time while suspended.  On OpenBSD CLOCK_BOOTTIME and CLOCK_MONOTONIC
are the same but that is not true of other systems.

 - todd