OpenBSD Community,

I've been experimenting with the OpenBSD 6.7 install process (though
this "issue" is likely present in earlier version) and have noticed
that the fdisk program in the installation program will destructively
edit the hard drive upon selecting either MBR or GPT partitioning.
I have repeatedly wiped a test hard drive's partitioning scheme as a
consequence of this, in spite of only desiring to examine the
partitioning scheme.

Is anyone receptive to a less-commital partitioning process for
installation?  It seems to me that the drive's partitioning scheme
should not be re-written until the user has affirmed that the
particular scheme and layout is what they want.

Additionally, I have noticed that (per warnings in the installation
program) GPT partitioning does not work on my system.  Does anyone
have insight into this issue, and if so is there any interest in
a fix for GPT partitioning?

-David Blevins